Mandatory Activity For Saddle Horse Members
This is a hands-on activity designed to stimulate and encourage learning about topics concerning horses. It is open to all 4H horse project members. It is offered as a one day clinic in conjunction with other 4H saddle horse activities. Each year a new station or new material will be included.
Participation in Skillathon is an option (required) for project completion and in order to be eligible for top county awards and State Fair delegation. There is no minimum score required for completion. There will be target minimum scores for each age group at each station to help participants gage their accomplishments. Actual earned scores will be used in award calculations.
There will be at least 8 stations to be visited, completed and scored. A Bonus station(s) may be offered for each age division. Participants may have a time limit at each station.
There will be 3 skill level divisions based on yrs in 4-H (in the Saddle Horse division
- First Level 1-3 yrs in 4H
- Second Level 4-6 yrs. in 4H
- Third Level 7 or more yrs in 4H
Youth showing in the Saddle horse division will be provided with two opportunities to complete this educational requirement to be able to show in the Lucas County Junior Fair. Bring your COMPLETED Project & Record Books to hand in. The dates are:
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (No Project Book Testing Started after 8:00 p.m.) - Lucas County Fairgrounds, Stucco Bldg.
- Thursday, May 19, 2021 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (No Project Book Testing Started after 8:00 p.m.) - Lucas County Fairgrounds, Stucco Bldg.
Skillathon & Testing Roster (Sample) Skillathon Tally Sheet
Project Book & Record Book Evaluation Form